Dental Assistant Level I or 2
Dental Assistant Level I or II
Our office is currently seeking a Dental Assistant to work in our busy practice, located in Shediac, NB. We are in the process of expanding our team to accommodate our growing practice, and we are looking for a friendly, energetic and out-going candidate to join our team. The successful candidate must be able to work with autonomy as well as with a team.
The role of the Dental Assistant is an integral part of this organization. The Dental Assistant will assist the dentist in the daily operation of the operatories and will assist with ensuring that the patients are comfortable during treatment. Success in this role will be directly linked to the Dental Assistant’s ability to provide compassion, care, ensure best practices infection control and the cleanliness of operatories.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Assisting the dentist and hygienist during a variety of treatment procedures;
• Taking dental radio graphs (x-rays);
• Serving as an infection control officer, developing infection control protocol and preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment;
• Helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment;
• Treatment procedures, such as the placement of a restoration (filling);
• Performing office management tasks that often require the use of a computer;
• Assisting with and helping to provide direct patient care in all dental specialties, including pediatric dentistry, periodontics and oral surgery
• Successful completion of a Dental Assistant Program
• Registered and/or licensed by the dental assistant regulatory authority within province; in good standing
• Valid CPR Certification
• An intermediate knowledge of ABLEDent is considered an asset
• Excellent sanitation skills
• An intermediate knowledge of Dexis is considered an asset
• More than three years experience is considered an asset.
• Bilingual French/English is an asset .
The successful Candidate will enjoy a warm team-orientated environment, comprehensive benefits program, paid time off, and competitive wages. Office hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. Please contact Jed at firstname.lastname@example.org Please no phone calls or drop-ins.
D-328 Main St
Shediac New Brunswick E4P 2E3