Certified Level II Dental Assistant at Papadopsmiles Orthodontics, Quispamsis NB
APPLY HERE VIA INDEED: https://ca.indeed.com/jobs?q=Papadopsmiles%20Orthodontics&vjk=9f06be45ed5fb5fb
We are seeking a motivated, hard-working, reliable and patient-centered Certified Level II Dental Assistant with a good attitude to join our clinical team at our brand new orthodontic clinic in Quispamsis, New Brunswick. Orthodontic experience is considered an asset (Ortho module).
We want to work with people who value being part of a team, have excellent time management skills, strive for clinical perfection and make a positive difference in our community. We are not only looking for someone to help build smiles, but for someone to help build self-esteem and confidence for our patients. We believe in treating the patient as a person, not just as a set of teeth to straighten. This is a wonderful opportunity for you to be part of something special with an excellent doctor and a cohesive team with integrity.
As Dr. Papadopoulos realizes that the clinic will only be as strong as its’ people, he believes in looking after his staff appropriately. This full-time or part-time position will offer a positive and healthy workplace environment, regular working hours, paid vacation, an opportunity for you to grow in your career as the practice continues to flourish, continuing education opportunities and other employee benefits (to be discussed). We want to work with hard-working people who are motivated and willing to ‘get things done’ and ‘go the extra mile’; those who will rise to the occasion and keep our patients as the number one priority and who also want to contribute to our Saint John/ KV community.
- Working together with other team members to carry out the clinic’s mission
- Providing a patient experience that is second to none and building a personal connection with patients at every visit
- Working together with the doctor to deliver the patient’s treatment plan exactly as prescribed
- Collect patients’ dental and relevant medical history with excellent note-taking of clinical findings
- Updating patient records and examination notes in an organized fashion
- Excellent communication with the doctor and patients as to the progression of a patients’ orthodontic treatment
- Desire to motivate every patient to have excellent oral hygiene throughout orthodontic treatment
- Be extremely well organized with instruments/tools, time management skills and being a reliable assistant for the doctor
- Taking radiographs and following all the safety procedures as required for both staff and patients
- Preparing the patient and equipment for radiographs
- Taking excellent clinical photos for documentation purposes
- Bonding and removal of brackets and other orthodontic appliances (expanders, bands, TPAs, etc…) as well as placing composite attachments for clear aligner therapy (e.g., Invisalign).
- Placing and removing orthodontic arch wires and clear aligners
- Performing either alginate impressions or digital scans for record keeping and fabrication of retainers
- Assisting the doctor chairside when required
- Performing all lab duties/requirements as instructed by the doctor (including using 3D printers, fabricating clear retainers, etc…)
- Preparing and maintaining all dental instruments, supplies and equipment in an organized way
- Assisting with front office tasks as needed
- Working together with other team members to ensure the sterilization process is followed accurately for the proper sterilization of instruments and the preparation of clean instruments for patient use
- Calling patients for any follow-up (as directed by doctor) and answering any patient questions
- Maintaining a positive attitude and work cohesively with other clinicians to maintain an atmosphere of respect, trust and teamwork (no negative energy)
- Possess great energy and flexibility
- Participation and contribution alongside coworkers in sponsored community events
- Integrity, reliability and be passionate about our clinic with a willingness to work hard in a constantly evolving environment
- Successful completion of a Dental Assisting program (Completion of NDAEB Exam)
- 1+ years’ experience as a Dental Assistant Level II is considered an asset
- Experience in an orthodontist office is preferred and considered an asset (Ortho module).
- Orthodontic module is considered an asset
- Registered and/or licensed by the dental assisting regulatory authority within province; in good standing
- Warm and inviting personality that builds trust with our patients and which also fosters a great team environment for the clinic
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; written and verbal, an ability to make patients feel comfortable and feel that they are being looked after
- Superior time management and organizational skills- ability to work on the fly in a fast-paced environment
- Current CPR and First Aid Training
If you believe your attributes and philosophy are in line with our vision and that you would be an excellent fit for our team, then we would love to hear from you. Whether you are an experienced Orthodontic Dental Assistant currently in the Kennebecasis Valley/Saint John area or are seeking a return home/move to our area, we would love to hear from you. Although orthodontic clinical experience is considered an asset, we also encourage young professionals or recent graduates to apply.
Please be rest assured that confidentiality will be respected for all applicants and that the application/interview process will remain confidential beyond its conclusion to protect the privacy of each applicant.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 1st. ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES WHO HAVE BEEN SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED AFTER THIS DATE FOR INTERVIEWS IN SEPTEMBER. AS SUCH, WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL APPLICANTS WHO HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO APPLY.
To learn more about Papadopsmiles Orthodontics, please visit Papadopsmiles Orthodontics on Facebook or visit papadopsmiles.com
APPLY HERE: https://ca.indeed.com/jobs?q=Papadopsmiles%20Orthodontics&vjk=9f06be45ed5fb5fb
15 Pettingill Road
Quispamsis New Brunswick E2E 6B1